Global Tech and VC – Q3 2023
A check in on the data and trends driving the global startup, tech and venture ecosystem in 2023. A few of the headlines:
- Investment is growing again, has a corner been turned?
- Up to 400 unicorns have been dehorned.
- Median round sizes have come back down after 2021 spike.
- AI is dominating the narrative and the funding rounds.
- Marketplaces and Ecommerce investment has collapsed.
- China’s on the way back.
- Europe’s share of global VC is at an all time high.
- Exits are ticking along, with a few important tests now underway.
- And there’s still plenty of dry powder in the market.