Terms of Service
We are Dealroom.co. We offer an unrivalled global dataset on technology companies and investors.
We offer you access to the data on our platform https://dealroom.co (Platform) via software-as-a-service (SaaS). We also offer access to our application programming interface (API) to embed the Dealroom.co data in your internal system.
These terms of service (Terms) apply to all of our services, including the use of our Platform, API or any custom research services (Services).
When we refer to you in these Terms, we mean you as our client.
If you have any questions about the Terms, please contact us at [email protected].
We boiled the full Terms down to the following summary. This should give you a quick understanding on how we operate and what we expect of you when using our Services. We divided the summary in an ‘About us’, ‘Do’s’ and ‘Don’ts’. Please note that the entire set of Terms are applicable to our relationship and prevails over this summary.
We are an intelligence Platform that sources information to and from users, clients, public and private (licensed) databases. On our Platform you can view intelligence on start-ups, innovation, high-growth companies, ecosystems and investment strategies. The Platform also contains personal data. We process the personal data in a way that is legitimate, necessary to fulfil the purpose of our Services, and compliant with the GDPR.
- Make an account to our website so you have access to our Platform. Or enter into an API Agreement with us, so you can use our API. Unless you are a bot; in that case you are not allowed.
- Make responsible business decisions. Any business or investment decision based on our data is entirely your responsibility. We do not give any (investment) advice or recommendations.
- Be a responsible data processor. You are responsible to assess whether any data processing by you is legitimate, necessary and compliant with the GDPR.
- Delete all personal data that you have obtained through our Platform or API if your license to use our data is ended. Make sure that the personal data is also deleted in your organisation and that you send us proof of the deletion.
- Mention Dealroom.co as data source when you publish Dealroom.co data for leadership reports & content marketing in the specified manner.
- Be aware that any data offered via the Platform or API is offered “as-is” and “as-available”. We do not make a representation or warranty of any kind with respect to the data. Any damage resulting from a misrepresentation of data can therefore not be recovered from Dealroom.co.
- Be aware that our offered prices do not include possible expenses or any taxes or levies imposed by relevant authorities. Pay our invoices in time (30 days after the invoice date).
- Last but not least: use our data to further your business, find investors or otherwise educate yourself.
- Do not scrape our data or use our data excessively.
- Do not modify or alter any (personal) data.
- Do not commercialise, share, copy, extract, or sub-license any of our data. Do not publish any raw datasets obtained from us. The data shown to you is for personal and/or your internal business purposes only.
- Do not sublicence the API or make its contents available to third parties.
- Do not share individual or company account details outside or inside your organisation. Do not give a copy of the API Key to a third party.
- Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about these Terms or our Services.
Section 1 – Introduction
1. How we work
2. Our Services
3. No endorsements and no commercialisation
Section 2 – General terms
5. Handling of personal data
7. Payment and Collection Charges
10. Availability and maintenance
11. Third parties
12. Force majeure
13. Intellectual property
Section 3 – SaaS specific terms
17. Use of Platform – free and premium accounts
18, Viewing and exporting data – license agreement
Section 4 – API specific terms
20. Use of the API
SECTION 1 – INTRODUCTION
1. How we work
1.1. We are an intelligence Platform that sources information to and from users, clients, public and private (licensed) databases.
1.2. Dealroom.co employs (data) analysts that make contributions to the Platform as well.
1.3. This multi-tiered way of sourcing data makes the data more robust generally, however, we cannot guarantee the correctness or completeness of data at any time.
2. Our Services
2.1. The articles under SECTION 2 – GENERAL TERMS apply to you if you use any of our Services.
2.2. In order to use our Platform, you must make an account on our website. We offer free accounts and premium accounts. The articles under SECTION 3 – SAAS SPECIFIC TERMS only apply to you if you have an account to our Platform.
2.3. In order to use our API, you must enter into an API license agreement with us (API Agreement). The articles under SECTION 4 – API SPECIFIC TERMS only apply to you if you have entered into an API Agreement with us.
2.4. For some Services it is required that you enter into an additional agreement with us. Any agreement between you and Dealroom.co (including the API Agreement) is referred to as an Additional Agreement.
2.5. If you have entered into an Additional Agreement to use our Services, and any inconsistency between these Terms and the Additional Agreement occurs, the Additional Agreement prevails.
3. No endorsements and no commercialisation
3.1. Dealroom.co does not give any (investment) advice, recommendations or endorsements about specific data, companies, people or organisations. Any (business) decision taken with use of data provided by us is wholly at your own responsibility and we will not be liable for it.
3.2. Any (direct or indirect) damage due to missing revenue, loss profit, or otherwise cannot be recovered from Dealroom.co. As mentioned in article 1.3, we cannot guarantee the correctness or completeness of data at any time. Any damage resulting from a misrepresentation of data can therefore not be recovered from Dealroom.co.
3.3. The data shown to you is for personal and/or your internal business purposes only. You may use the data to further your business, find investors or otherwise educate yourself. However, you may not in any way commercialise, share, copy, extract, or sub-license any of the data whether the data is shown on the Platform, obtained through the API or obtained or viewed in any other way.
4.1. Any proposal or offer made by us to you is non-binding, unless expressly agreed otherwise.
4.2. An offer or proposal only applies to the Services specified therein.
4.3. When you provide us with certain information, we may assume that the provided information is correct, complete, and up to date, and we will base the proposal on that information. If you have provided us with false, incomplete or misleading information we have the right to adjust the terms in the Additional Agreement.
4.4. Dealroom.co shall execute its Services to the best of its knowledge and abilities and according to the requirements of professional practice.
4.5. If a Service specified in an Additional Agreement requires change, we shall negotiate the required changes and agree on them in writing. Dealroom.co may raise or lower offered prices in such cases.
4.6. The provisions in these Terms apply to our Services where possible.
SECTION 2 – GENERAL TERMS
5. Handling of personal data
5.2. When you use the Platform or API, you will undertake to protect any personal data diligently, in accordance with the principles set out in article 5.1 above and pursuant to applicable national laws and regulations and pursuant to the GDPR. We point out to you that you are responsible to assess whether any such processing is legitimate, necessary and compliant with the GDPR prior to any such actual processing of personal data. Possible limitations to intended processing of certain personal data may differ from user to user, and are the sole responsibility of every individual user. You are responsible and liable (towards the data subject) for any unlawful processing of and safeguarding and protecting all personal data. Nothing is these Terms, the license, in any Additional Agreement or otherwise agreed between you and Dealroom.co waives or limits this responsibility. Dealroom.co will cooperate with you and assist you if you have any questions regarding your intended processing of personal data subject to your license. If you exported or published any personal data that originated from the Platform or API, such extract of publication may trigger requests from data subjects to alter or remove their personal data. Any request from data subjects to remove personal data shall be handled in accordance with the GDPR on the shortest possible term and you will inform Dealroom.co as soon as possible. If the security of the personal data has been or may have been compromised in any way, including but not limited to a data breach, you will immediately inform Dealroom.co hereof if any personal data derived from or originated from the Platform or API has been or may have been concerned.
5.3. If your license to use our data is ended, you must delete all personal data that you have obtained through our Platform or API. If the personal data is used within your organisation you must make sure that the personal data is deleted in your organisation. You must send proof of the deletion to Dealroom.co.
6.1. Offered prices do not include possible expenses or any taxes or levies imposed by relevant authorities. All offered prices are based on the exchange rate in force at the time of signing the Additional Agreement. All deviations of the price due to a change in the exchange rate are for your account.
6.2. We have the right to adjust our prices at any given time. The new price will then be applicable after its announcement.
6.3. We will increase the price charged for the services by 7% (seven percent) for every renewal term. Unless the customer price index rate, as confirmed by the Dutch statistics authority (Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek) exceeds 7% (seven percent) for the year previous to the renewal date in which case Dealroom will increase the price with the customer price index rate %.
6.4. In case you do not agree with the proposed change of price, you have the right to cancel the Service within 30 days after the announcement. Your account or the Additional Agreement will then terminate on the day the new prices become applicable.
7. Payment and collection charges
7.1. Payments shall be made in advance. We will send you an invoice for the next year with a payment term of 30 days after the invoice date, unless we have agreed otherwise in the Additional Agreement.
7.2. If a payment is due, and you have failed to meet your payment obligation, you will automatically be in default. A default notice is not required.
7.3. Payments are non-refundable.
7.4. Complaints about our Services shall not suspend a payment obligation.
7.5. In case of default:
- we may charge the statutory (commercial) interest. The interest is calculated from the moment that the payment becomes due, until the moment that the amount has been paid in full;
- we may suspend or terminate your account, your access to the API and the Additional Agreement;
- we may charge all extrajudicial costs.
8. Termination and effect of termination
8.1. You cannot terminate an Additional Agreement during the contract term, unless it is explicitly stated otherwise in the Additional Agreement. The contract term is specified in the Additional Agreement.
8.2. You may terminate your account to our Platform at any time, after which it will not be accessible to you anymore.
8.3. Termination of your account will have the following effects (unless otherwise agreed between us in writing):
- you will not have access to your account and we will delete your account information;
- you must delete all personal data that you have obtained through our Platform or API in accordance with article 5.3;
- any Contribution you have made to our Platform remains part of the Platform;
- our licence to your Contribution (as meant in article 19.2) remains in force;
- 6 months after termination your licence to use the data ends. If your licence to use our data is ended you are not allowed to make publications based on the data;
- any Addition Agreement with us remains in force; the obligations set out in the articles 3, 5, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15 and 18 will continue to apply to you.
8.4. If you have a premium account or another paid account, termination of your account will have the following effects in addition to article 8.3 (unless otherwise agreed between us in writing):
- you remain liable for any due payments to us;
- payments which become due during the term of the Additional Agreement will not in any way be terminated or suspended, they will become payable at the end of the Additional Agreement;
- you will not be entitled to a refund or compensation if you terminate your account before the end date of the Additional Agreement.
8.5. The API Key (defined in article 20.4) will be blocked after termination of an API Agreement.
8.6. After termination, any data obtained by you remains subject to these Terms and specifically article 5, 15 and 18.
By accepting these Terms, you undertake not to engage in, initiate, take part, advise on, be employed by, or be involved in setting up or supporting a company or organisation in any way that competes with the activities of Dealroom.co. Should you have any hesitation on whether an activity is competing, please contact us.
10. Availability and maintenance
10.1. We shall ensure that the Platform and the API are available for use for the entire duration of an Additional Agreement. We shall do our best to keep the Platform and the API up and running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
10.2. Our technical support team is available on weekdays, excluding Dutch national holidays, from 08.30 am to 17.00 pm CET.
10.3. We are responsible for the functioning and maintenance of the Platform and the API. During maintenance, the Platform or the API may be unavailable. Maintenance will, as a matter of principle and on a best effort basis, not take place during office hours.
10.4. We have the right to change the software operating the Platform or the API. This includes, but is not limited to, changing, modifying, removing or adding certain features or functionalities of the software.
10.5. We can modify the API or API documentation from time to time to recover faults or to improve functionalities. If a modification changes the technical interface, we shall disclose this at least 7 days upfront.
10.6. We do not guarantee that the software for operating our Services are completely free of error. Please inform us immediately of any errors, bugs or malfunctions of the software. We will then do our utmost best to resolve your problem as quickly as possible.
11. Third parties
We have the right to employ third parties to partially perform our duties, if we are of the opinion that this is necessary for the due exercise of our Services.
12. Force Majeure
We are not liable for any damages in case of force majeure. If the force majeure takes place for a period that exceeds 60 days, the Additional Agreement can be terminated in writing. In that case, you are (in derogation of article 8.4) not liable for payments which would become due under the Additional Agreement after the force majeure period. Further, in that case, you have no right to recover damages.
13. Intellectual property
We (or our licensor or suppliers) are and remain the exclusive owners of all existing and future intellectual property rights, such as database rights, copyrights, trademarks, design rights, patents, source codes and know-how, which already exist or will arise during the time that you use any of our Services in relation to our software or Services or any fruits thereof. The approved licensed use is in no way, nor may in any way be interpreted as a transfer or grant of rights to you. If any additional rights of intellectual property would somehow arise from using the Platform or Services and inadvertently vest in you, you shall upon first request execute any and all documents to unconditionally transfer such rights to us at no charge.
Dealroom.co and you shall keep Confidential Information confidential unless it is required by a statutory or professional obligation to disclose it. Confidential Information includes in any case:
- all information which has been designated as confidential;
- the content of an Additional Agreement or any information about the negotiations of an Additional Agreement;
- your personal data, unless this personal data is available on our Platform.
15.1. Unless otherwise agreed in writing between you and Dealroom.co, any data offered via the Platform or API is offered “as-is” and “as-available”. Dealroom.co makes no representation or warranty of any kind with respect to the data.
15.2. We are not liable for any lost profits or lost income. Using the data obtained through the Platform or API is at your own responsibility and risk. Any business or investment decision based on information or data included on our Platform or obtained through our API is entirely your own and your sole responsibility.
15.3. You indemnify and keep us indemnified for all claims (by third parties) including but not limited to fines, costs, damages, etc relating to any use of the Services. This includes but is not limited to claims relating to the (personal) data that you have collected, saved or processed via our Platform or API. We are not liable for the content of the (personal) data that you have collected, saved or processed within the framework of our Platform or API, not for any reports, conclusions or other representation you make based on data of our Platform.
15.4. We are not liable for any damage which is caused by inadequate use of our Platform or API.
15.5. We are not liable for data loss unless it is proven that the loss was caused by gross negligence by Dealroom.co.
15.6. For other damages, if any, is our liability limited to a maximum sum of the lower of (i) EUR 25.000, or (ii) the value of the Additional Agreement.
15.7. All claims and defences against us shall lapse 3 months after you have become aware of a fault in our Services and not reported it.
15.8. The limitations set out in article 15.6 do not apply if damage is the result of wilful misconduct or gross negligence from our side.
16.1. These Terms shall apply for as long as you have an account with us or for the duration of an Additional Agreement and for as long as necessary to wind up your account (of the Additional Agreement) and thereafter if and for as far as the nature of a term justifies this.
16.2. These Terms may be altered from time to time to adjust to new best practices, laws or regulations. We shall inform you of such alterations after which notification the new Terms shall automatically replace the current Terms.
16.3. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of these Terms. Any such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be replaced by a provision that is considered to be valid and enforceable and which’ interpretation shall be as close as possible to the intent of the invalid provision.
16.4. Each party waives its rights to partially rescind or annul, or to invoke the rescission or annulment of these Terms.
16.5. Dealroom.co may assign or transfer or purport to assign or transfer any of its rights or obligations under these Terms or an Additional Agreement without your prior written consent.
16.6. You are not allowed to assign or transfer any rights and obligations under our Services, these Terms or an Additional Agreement without prior written approval of Dealroom.co.
16.7. These Terms are exclusively governed by the laws of the Netherlands and in case of any dispute the court of Amsterdam shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
SECTION 3 – SAAS SPECIFIC TERMS
17. Use of Platform – free and premium accounts
17.1. Every human may register at our website for an account. Bots are not allowed and will be banned if detected. We offer free and premiums accounts.
17.2. You are responsible for choosing the correct identifiers, such as your email address and choosing a strong password.
17.3. We will ensure that your account data, will be stored safely.
17.4. You may only create one personal account. Sharing your account details inside or outside your organisation is not allowed. Your account may be blocked without notification if detected.
17.5. You are responsible for all activities on or from your account after it has been logged into. If you have lost access for some reason or suspect that your account has been compromised, you should report this to us as soon as possible after becoming aware of it.
17.6. We have the right to (temporarily) block accounts. We only do this in case we have reasonable belief that one or more accounts are used in a matter that is or risks being against the law, contrary to a provision of these Terms or against the integrity of our data or Services. Furthermore, we have the right to take any other reasonable measures we deem adequate, taking into account the circumstances at hand.
17.7. Scraping of data, or excessive usage, whether by humans or bots is not allowed and your account may be blocked if detected.
17.8. We may change or limit the number of data points or records shown to users with a free account without notification.
17.9. For organisations that have multiple accounts, the above applies in similar terms to the organisation. In addition, the organisation shall have the responsibility to ensure compliance of their employees with these Terms.
18. Viewing and exporting data – license agreement
18.1. The data shown to you via the Platform is for personal use only. You may use the data to further your business, find investors or otherwise educate yourself. As a user, you are granted a limited, non-exclusive license to use our software and the data shown on the Platform.
18.2. With a premium account, you may export a certain number of data rows or records from our Platform. The exact number of records is stipulated in an Additional Agreement with us. The agreed number of records may be used during your subscription period after which they will lapse automatically. If you do not (fully) use the records during the subscription period, you do not have the right to be compensated.
18.3. When you export data, this is covered by these Terms and especially by the following terms of licence, provided by Dealroom.co to you. This license to use data is:
- non-exclusive, we offer the same data to clients worldwide;
- account specific and personal;
- organisation specific, you may use exported data within your organisation;
- revocable, the license to use the data ends 6 months after termination of your premium account or 6 months after termination of an Additional Agreement.
18.4. Under the licence you may at your sole responsibility and liability (limitative summary):
- export a certain number of data rows or records from our Platform;
- technically modify the data (except for personal data), but not its content or meaning;
- publish any (aggregated) findings, conclusions or advises based on the data, in compliance with applicable law, especially privacy laws and regulations.
18.5. The following is among other things prohibited under the license. You may not (non-limitative summary):
- use the license for purposes other than those specified in article 18.4;
- publish any raw datasets obtained from the Platform;
- grant third parties a sub-licence to use the data;
- modify or alter any personal data (as defined in the GDPR).
18.6. When using data obtained from the Platform, in whatever form, you must include the following statement: “This publication is based on data we have obtained from Dealroom.co. The use and interpretation of such data, as well as the conclusions, advices or other application or implementation hereof are made by [name company] and are our sole responsibility.”.
19.1. You may under certain circumstances contribute data to our Platform (Contributions).
19.2. By making a Contribution you will grant Dealroom.co a non-exclusive license to use any data included in your Contribution. This license is free of charge, irrevocable, worldwide, without limitation, sub-licensable and transferable and thereby offers no limitation of use by Dealroom.co whatsoever. It is explicitly allowed to use any Contribution for the benefit of our services in the broadest sense and includes your Contribution in our Services. Dealroom.co hereby accepts such license in advance as a right, but not an obligation to use such Contribution(s).
19.3. Any Contribution must:
- be made in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, especially if personal data is contributed;
- be complete, accurate, true and not misleading in any way;
- not be offensive, hurtful, discriminatory or otherwise inappropriate in any way, and whether any of the Contributions qualifies as such is to be exclusively decided by us.
- not contain computer viruses, malware, trojan horses, worms, bots or other software; not infringe on any third party rights or on any other rights preventing the free and unencumbered license to and use of the Contribution by us;
- not infringe any rights of Dealroom.co, our suppliers, or clients;
- be made in accordance with these Terms.
19.4 You fully indemnify Dealroom.co for any (third party) claims, costs or damages which may be caused by or arise from any use of the Contribution made by you to the Platform. All expenses and damages made by us in this context shall be borne by you.
19.5 Contributions are verified by both human analyst and by AI tools. We may remove, change, refuse any Contribution without prior notification.
19.6 Any Contribution made by you may be saved, removed or changed by us. We have no obligation to notify you of a removal of or change to your Contribution. Nor do we have the obligation to make you Contribution available to you after you have terminated your account.
SECTION 4 – API SPECIFIC TERMS
20. Use of the API
20.1. In order to get access to the API, you must enter into an API Agreement with us.
20.2.You must require any end-users using the API to comply with the applicable laws and regulations, these Terms and the API documentation. In the event of a conflict between the API documentation and the Terms, the Terms shall prevail.
20.3.A maximum number of calls per second is agreed in the API Agreement (Limit). If you would like to use the API beyond the Limit, you must obtain our written consent. Exceeding the Limit can result in a (temporary) access limitation to the API.
20.4. A key is required to use the API (API Key). You will receive the API Key after you entered into an API Agreement with us. Each API call must be accompanied by your API Key.
20.5.You may only use the API to embed Dealroom.co data in your internal systems.
20.6.You are not allowed to:
- give a copy of the API Key to a third party;
- sublicence the API or make it available to third parties;
- publish any raw datasets obtained through the API
- modify or alter any personal data you have obtained through the API
- misuse the API.
20.7. We have the right to block your API Key if we notice that you violate article 20.6.