How Dealroom’s data helps Blossom Capital source promising companies across Europe.
“There were two features that made our choice easy, a good API and coverage of European companies. We found the versatility for the API made it easy to integrate the data into our internal platform.”
VC at Blossom Capital
- Blossom Capital, a data-driven investor, built many of their data-sourcing tools in-house and also relied on external data providers.
- Existing data providers lacked depth in information on European companies outside of the main tech hubs.
- This lack of data could potentially lead to missed investment opportunities, a situation Blossom wanted to avoid.
- Blossom chose Dealroom for its comprehensive coverage of European startups and its versatile API.
- The API was easily integrated into Blossom’s internal platform, providing enriched data tailored to their unique needs.
- The solution covered the data gap Blossom had experienced with previous providers, especially on companies outside of the main European tech hubs.
- Since implementing Dealroom, Blossom Capital increased the pool of potential companies of interest they track by 20%.
- Extended tracking period allowed Blossom to engage with potential investments earlier.
- The quality and comprehensiveness of Dealroom’s data allowed Blossom to retire some of their internal tools, saving them effort and resources.
- The partnership with Dealroom enabled Blossom to focus more on their investments.
Blossom Capital is dedicated to investing in the most promising European technology startups. With a unique approach of focusing on a limited number of investments per year, they ensure that each company receives the full benefit of their expertise. However, their challenge was to find a data provider that could offer in-depth information on European companies outside of the main tech hubs.
“Since our inception Blossom has been dedicated to leveraging data to increase the productivity of our team, making us one of the smallest teams relative to assets under management. We build a lot of our own data sourcing tools in house as well as purchasing data from other providers, and we wanted to ensure we had the deepest and most comprehensive dataset of companies in Europe.”
Blossom Capital chose Dealroom for its comprehensive coverage of European startups and its versatile API. Dealroom’s API was easily integrated into Blossom’s internal platform, providing enriched data that was tailored to their unique needs. The solution was also able to cover the gap in data that Blossom had experienced with previous providers, especially on companies outside of the main tech hubs in Europe.
“There were two features that made our choice easy, a good API and coverage of European companies. We found the versatility for the API made it easy to integrate the data into our internal platform. We found that Dealroom had a comprehensive coverage of European companies.”
Since the implementation of Dealroom, Blossom Capital has seen a significant increase in the pool of potential companies of interest. They were able to expand their tracking by 20%, which allows them to keep a closer eye on these companies for a longer period. This extended tracking has been instrumental in ensuring that Blossom is the first to engage with these potential investments.
“We were able to increase the pool of potential companies of interest that we track more closely by 20% since integrating Dealroom. Especially at the early stage we’ve found being able to track these companies for longer allows us to make sure we can use our own data science tooling to ensure we have a full track record of the company to ensure we’re the first company that is able to speak to them.”