This privacy statement was last updated on May 25, 2018.
Your privacy is important to us. We respect it regarding any information we may collect, use, and store. In this privacy statement you’ll find a transparent description of the personal data we collect from and about you and how we use, disclose and protect that data across our website, https://dealroom.co, and other sites we own and operate.
This statement applies to all (personal) data collected, used and stored by Dealroom.co B.V. having its registered office at Amstelkade 45 1078AH Amsterdam, the Netherlands and registered with the Chamber of Commerce under number 59237368, hereinafter “Dealroom”.
Your right to privacy
First and foremost, as our user you have the right to be informed about how your data is collected and used. You are entitled to know what data we collect about you and how it is processed and, if we have information about you, to have a copy of that information. You are entitled to correct and update any personal information about you and to request this information to be deleted. You may edit your account information at any time, using the tools provided in your account control panel. When you can not yet perform a desired action to view, edit or delete your information - because the technological feature is not yet there - feel free to contact us and we’ll manually process your request.
If you have any questions on the topic of privacy, please contact us at: [email protected]
What personal data do we collect?
We collect both identifying information, like for example your name and email address and non-identifying information (that does not personally identify you on its own) like your IP address, browser type and website behavior, from a variety of sources.
Data we collect directly from you
This is the personal data you provide us when using the Dealroom platform. For example when you create an account, sign up to receive our newsletter or reports or when you purchase a product or service from us. This type of personal information may include, but is not limited to: your name, email address, job title, company and telephone number. When you choose to register and login to our platform using the social sign-on functionality, we may use information we collect from this sign-on. This may include, but is not limited to: your interests, job title, company name, marital status, profile picture, photos and comments.
Next to that we store user generated content, which is the content you submit to our platform and any other information you provide voluntarily to us. And lastly, when you create an account on Dealroom, we may use device IDs, cookies, and other signals, including information obtained from third parties to associate accounts and/or devices with you.
Data we collect from our use of our platform
that provides more in-depth information on this topic.
Data we collect from other sources
We may collect information from other sources if you have given permission for that information to be shared for example by public databases and marketing companies. This information may include your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, household or company information, consumer and market research data, purchase behaviour and preferences and information about your hobbies and interests.
Why do we collect your personal data?
We use a combination of both identifying and non-identifying information to understand who our visitors, users and customers are and how they use our services. The purpose of this is to enable platform functionality and improve user experience of our platform and services.
These are examples of how we may use your personal data:
● Provide you with services and products that you request from us.
● Inform you about platform and service updates, content, offers and advertisements that may be of interest to you.
● Contact you is this is required to perform our services.
● Send you an invoice for our products or services.
● Provide customer service and follow-up to sales or support requests.
● Improve your customer experience on our platform.
● Develop customized and personalized content, offers, products and services.
● Store your preferences for future interactions with us or our platform.
● Create external research and marketing reports.
● Prevent illegal activities, suspected fraud and potential threats to our platform.
● Analyse the characteristics of our customers and their use of our platform to understand customer and market needs and improve our product as well as business development.
Do we share your personal data with others?
We may disclose your personal data to third parties if needed to provide the services and products on our platform.
For example, we use third-party services for:
● Analytics tracking.
● User authentication.
● Advertising and promotion.
● Content marketing.
● Email marketing.
● Payment processing.
These third-party services may access our data solely for the purpose of performing specific tasks on our behalf. We do not give them permission to disclose or use any of our data for any other purpose. We may, from time to time, allow limited access to our data by external consultants and agencies. This access is only permitted for as long as necessary to perform a specific function we asked them to
We may also disclose your personal data:
● To our affiliates or subsidiaries.
● If we are legally entitled or required to do so.
● When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others.
● If we sell a business or part of a business to another company than the transfer of ownership could include the transfer of your personal data directly related to that business to the purchasing company. We would require from the buyer to treat your personal information in accordance with this privacy statement.
● To any other third party with your prior permission to do so. Your personal data may be transferred, stored and processed in the Netherlands and in London or any other country in which Dealroom (or its affiliates, subcontractors or agents) maintain facilities. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement.
How do we protect your personal data?
The collection, use and disclosure of personal data collected through our platform is safeguarded by technological and organisational security measures with the purpose of protecting the data against loss, misuse and unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. These measures are continually improved in line with tech developments. We will not retain your personal data longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected for, unless we have to store it for legitimate business, tax or legal purposes
Other privacy topics
Dealroom does not knowingly target children, or collect personal information from children. As a parent/guardian, please contact us if you believe your child under the age of 16 is participating in an activity involving personal information on our website, and you have not received a notification or request for consent. If you are under 16 years old yourself and you wish to use our platform in any way which requires you to submit your personal data, please get your parent or legal guardian to do so on your behalf.
Newsletter and other email communication
When creating an account on Dealroom you’ll receive our newsletter and other email communication via the platform. If you do not wish to receive the newsletter or other email communication any longer, you can use the unsubscribe link in every email or the provided options in your Dealroom account settings.
Links to other websites
This privacy statement only covers our own collecting and handling of information. Our platform may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have not control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Changes to this statement
The new privacy statement will be effective immediately upon posting. By continuing to access our websites or to make use of our products and services, you agree to be bound by the revised privacy statement.
This privacy statement was last updated on May 25, 2018.
If you have any questions regarding this privacy statement, please contact us at: [email protected]
If you have any complaints about our privacy statement or the way Dealroom processes your personal data, you can submit a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority. More information can be found on their website: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl